Thursday 8 January 2015

Occasionally I get a day off!

This week we had a visit from a nephew who lives in the USA. He brought along his fiance to meet family, especially those who will not be able to make the wedding.

My mum fits into that category, so I had a day off to take the pair of them down into deepest Cornwall to visit "Grandma".

When I say I had a day off, I still had to get up early and do my animal rounds, but by 10am we were off and arrived at the pub for lunch dead on 12pm - we went the scenic route and they enjoyed the views of Devon and Cornwall along the Atlantic Highway - better known as the A39.

After a very enjoyable lunch Grandma took us - not me really, but I tagged along for the ride - to see St Michaels Mount:-

As you can see it was a glorious day, with the sun shining, but a chilly breeze kept Grandma in the car - my nephew & fiance enjoyed it though!

After that visit we went back to Grandma's house for a cup of tea before heading back home - a less scenic time as it got dark well before we got home.

Beef stew and dumplings awaited us when we got home - a real treat for our guests - and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment