We call it the Ashwood Experience , a chance to come and meet us and our llamas!
What we offer - Up to two hours of our time, both Vicki & Kevin will show you around our smallholding, and giving you the opportunity to get up close and personal with some, if not all of our llamas.
- First, we’ll do a short introduction, including the essential health and safety rules. We’ll give you some history of llamas in general, some useful facts about the way they will behave, and what you should expect from handling them.
- Next, we’ll bring some of the llamas up to the holding pen, where you can all get to say hello!
- Here, we will show you how to halter the llama, and each member of the party (one at a time) can groom a llama and have that one to one photo opportunity.
- Next, we will take two llamas for a short stroll around their field and you can have the opportunity to lead them.
- On our return, it will be treat time, the llamas will be rewarded and you’ll have the chance to give them their treats.
- Then, a chance to wander over and see our other llamas, our goats, chickens, and we may even be joined by the cat!
- A quick, but thorough wash of the hands and it’ll be time to say goodbye!